So, during Lent we focus on the Sorrowful Mysteries when praying the rosary, but what about during the Easter season?
While the traditional answer would probably be: “the Glorious, of course,” I take a different route.
Although it’s unconventional, I often use different “mysteries” altogether.
Rather than jumping right into the Ascension, Pentecost, and Our Lady’s Assumption and Coronation, I like to linger a bit on the resurrection during these forty days.
What I like to do is take a different resurrection appearance of Our Lord for each of the five decades of the Rosary.
These Easter gospels are so beautiful and fruitful for meditation. I’ll list them here in case you’d like to use them for your prayer as well.
Here is a list of resurrection appearance scriptures which you may find helpful.
- The Women Approach the Tomb (Matt 28:1; Mk 16:1; Jn 20:1).
- The Women Meet an Angel (Mk 16:5 Lk 24:4; Mt 28:5).
- Mary of Magdala Meets Jesus (Jn 20:16)
- The Women Meet Jesus (Matt 28:9-10)
- Appearance on the Road to Emmaus (Lk 24:13-30)
- Jesus appears to Disciples gathered (Luke 24:35-48)
- Thomas (John 21:24)
- Appearance by the Sea of Galilee (Tiberias) (John 21:1)
I find this is a beautiful way of meeting our Risen Lord with Mary.